Ahhhh the good old MET office is at it again. These dipsticks can’t predict the weather, yet they expect everyone to belive their latest report that “global warming evidence is ‘unmistakable.'” This one about had me fall out of my chair I was laughing so hard when I read the headline.
To fully appreciate their record of inaccuracy one has to go back in time a little. These are the morons who…..
- Predicted the 2009-2010 UK winter would be the warmest ever, then had to eat those words when it turned out to be the coldest in 30 years.
- Screwed-over the airline industry in Europe because their computer model predicting ash from the volcanic eruption in Iceland was wacky. Only cost a billion or so, what the hell.
- Screwed up their climate change data.
- The BBC considered dropping them due to bad forecasting
- Get blasted by the UK newspaper the Daily Mail because they only get one out of 4 forecasts correct.
- Blew a wad of money on the UK’s most powerful super-computer but admit they still can’t get the weather forecast right
- Screw up meteorological maps
- Forecast a BBQ Summer, which never appeared
OK, so you really want to believe their statement that “global warming evidence is ‘unmistakable?'” I sure as hell don’t. So, where do we get all this “unmistakable” information from? What are they basing this baseless conclusion upon? According to the Telegraph article found here…..
Usually scientists rely on the temperature over land, taken from weather stations around the world for the last 150 years, to show global warming.
But climate change sceptics questioned the evidence, especially in the wake of recent scandals like “climategate”.
The ten indicators of climate change include measurements of sea level rise taken from ships, the temperature of the upper atmosphere taken from weather balloons and field surveys of melting glaciers.
You almost have to laugh at the “alarmism” when you find out how much they claim the temperature has risen, too.
And he said ‘greenhouse gases are the glaringly obvious explanation’ for 0.56C (1F) warming over the last 50 years.
Yep, a whopping .56C over the last 50 years. Let’s see that is a whole gigantic 0.0112C per year. Where are my Speedos, I feel so hot, must be due to this gigantic temperature rise we’ve supposedly had.
They then proceed to contradict themselves with this statement. Remember at the noted “Usually scientists rely on the temperature over land, taken from weather stations around the world for the last 150 years, to show global warming.”
Understanding climate change requires looking at the longer-term record. When we follow decade-to-decade trends using different data sets and independent analyses from around the world, we see clear and unmistakable signs of a warming world.”
They say “require looking at the longer term record” yet they base their claim of “unmistakable signs of a warming world” on a mere 50 years of dubious data. Do they really expect anyone with an IQ above 29 to belive this?
All I can say is I don’t believe a word they say and I think I’m perfectly justified being skeptical.