Curious about some of the faux claims made by warmers and what the real deal is about them? Here’s something from Slaying the Sky Dragon.com that sets the record straight on 10 physics facts that some warmers like to twist to suit their vision of global warming.
This is a rebuttal based on Physics Trumps Right-Wing Ideology written by Mr. Puckerclust. Puckerclust begins his post thusly:
“Global warming deniers know as much about climate science as they do about brain surgery. Would you let them tell your doctor what to do about that tumor?
“Why do I–a professional physicist and lifetime member of the American Physical Society–accept the reality of human-caused global warming? Because I accept the following top-ten list of physics facts, which have never been disputed in the scientific literature. This is also why the American Physical Society of 47,000 physicists says “The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring”.”
Before we set the record straight about those ten supposed physics facts, let’s also set the record straight on some preliminary information that Mr Puckerclust would like us to believe.
- (a) The APS statement on climate change was not drafted or confirmed by “47,000 physicists” of the APS, but by the APS council.
- (b) Many members of the APS have criticized the statement, incl. Harold Lewis who resigned in protest. Lewis’ analysis of the motivations behind the APS council position on climate change is better than anything we could come up with.
- (c) Even APS editor Jeffrey Marque had to make the public admission ”There is a considerable presence within the scientific community of people who do not agree with the IPCC conclusion that anthropogenic CO2 emissions are very probably likely to be primarily responsible for global warming that has occurred since the Industrial Revolution.”
- (d) Furthermore, even if there was “consensus” on AGW by APS or any other institution this wouldn’t make the theory valid unless Puckerclust is also willing to accept that the Sun had revolved around the Earth prior to 1543.
- (e) The snide title of Puckerclust’s essay implies that those on the political left could not possibly dispute his opinions. That alone is far from the truth.
- (f) By the way, nobody is denying that global warming occurred during the last decade of the last century, it’s just that the emissions of carbon dioxide have nothing to do with it.
Now for our point by point response, not just one, but all ten.
You can read the rebuttal to all 10 at the source below.
Source: Slaying the Skydragon