5th warmest? Well, that’s what NOAA says from their site anyway…
Last month’s combined global land and ocean surface temperature made it the sixth warmest February ever recorded. Additionally, the December 2009 – February 2010 period was the fifth warmest on record averaged for any similar three-month Northern Hemisphere winter-Southern Hemisphere summer season, according to scientists at NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.
This is the insanity the name of this blog refers to. Sounds exciting doesn’t it? Plays up the Anthropogenic Global Warming, makes The Goracle happy. I can hear the carbon credit prices rising as I type.
I have to question anything from NOAA at this time and moreover I have to question the data they use, and the past data used since 1880, and I have to say this is a big crock of you know what. Ask yourself the following questions and you’ll see where I’m coming from…
- Isn’t NOAA the ones who’s temperature data was so bad they quit using it and used data from CRU?
- Isn’t CRU’s data not only busted but disappeared off the face of the Earth?
- Didn’t Phil Jones admit to no statistically significant warming for the past 15 years?
- What? We had reliable temperature stations all over the globe in 1880? 1890? 1900? 1910? 1920? 1930? 1940? 1950? 1960? I think not.
- What? Back in the day you had regular old thermometers. Were they calibrated? Were they accurate? Where were they placed? In the sun? Under trees? Inside houses, barns?
- Did the people reading them have their glasses on? Did they record the temperatures accurately?
Sorry NOAA, but I currently have trouble believing anything you publish.