Cap & trade is basically DOA now that the Chicago Climate Exchange has ceased operations, it’s also dead in Congress and even Obama has declared it dead. Climate talks in Copenhagen basically got no where fast and it’s predicted the upcoming talks in Cancun won’t be any better.
Yet, the diehard boneheads at the United Nations continue to scheme on way to screw rich nations out of every penny they can get, based upon the fraud of non-existent anthropogenic global warming. Per the Guardian we get this article titled “Climate finance plan could break talks inertia – Our report showing how $100bn a year can be raised for climate adaptation will help make progress towards agreement at Cancún.”
Financial support for developing countries will play a vital role in any integrated action and thus the fresh proposals in the new report by the high-level advisory group on climate change financing, which was commissioned by the United Nations secretary-general in February, can help make progress towards agreement in the United Nations conference in Cancún, Mexico, which starts later this month.
So basically we’re back to they’re going to find some crap excuse to get money out of rich countries and give it to poor countries.
The group’s report concluded that the goal of raising $100bn a year for developing countries is feasible if the political will is there. And it identified a coherent set of mutually reinforcing policies.
Yes, a mere $100 billion a year out of your wallet folks. It’s a scam to prevent a scam. In a nutshell, they want to tax everything that moves and/or creates carbon emissions. Power plants, air transport, shipping, you name it, they want to tax it.
So who created this report? Read the list. Note our old buddy George Soros is in on it and notice the banks are in on it. Also, notice all the poor countries that would benefit by getting free money are in on it.
Membership, High-Level Advisory Group of the UN Secretary-General on Climate Change Financing
Heads of State and Government
- Meles Zenawi, Prime Minister of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (Co-Chair)
- Jens Stoltenberg, Prime Minister of Norway (Co-Chair)
- Bharrat Jagdeo, President of the Republic of Guyana
Other members: (in alphabetical order)
- Ambassador Pedro Luiz Carneiro de Mendonça, Under-Secretary General for Economic and Technological Affairs, Ministry of External Relations, Federal Republic of Brazil
- Soumaïla Cissé, President, Commission of the West African Monetary Union
- Ernesto Cordero Arroyo, Minister of Finance, Mexico
- Chris Huhne, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, United Kingdom
- Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Managing Director, World Bank Group
- Donald Kaberuka, President, African Development Bank
- Caio Koch-Weser, Vice-Chairman, Deutsche Bank Group
- Christine Lagarde, Minister of the Economy, Industry and Employment, France
- Trevor Manuel, Minister in the Presidency for National Planning, Republic of South Africa
- Bob McMullan, Member of Parliament and Parliamentary Secretary for International Development Assistance, Australia
- Mutsuyoshi Nishimura, Special Advisor to the Cabinet Office, Japan
- Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD)
- Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Minister for Finance, Republic of Singapore
- Lawrence H. Summers, Director of the National Economic Council and Assistant to the President for Economic Policy, United States of America
- Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Republic of India
- George Soros, Chairman, Soros Fund Management
- Nicholas Stern, Professor of Economics and Government, London School of Economics
- Zhu Guangyao, Vice-Minister, Ministry of Finance, People’s Republic of China
Read the article. My take on it is that the real reason behind this scam is money and control. Global warming is just a lame excuse to milk wealthy countries. The élite libtards want to control everyone on the globe. They want the UN to be your friendly global dictator. If you are a history student you will see the obvious similarities between the Nazis, Lenin, Stalin, Chairman Mao, and a long list of dictators. Create a crisis or a problem then use it like a tool to get the populace over to your side to save the country or save the world.
More CO2 Insanity.
Source: The Guardian